What Does Brexit Mean For Edge Transport?
February 22nd, 2021
We love a challenge here at Edge and like many businesses up and down the country the effects of Brexit have impacted our day to day running and continue to keep us on our toes! We have needed to adapt our working practices and processes to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible for us and those we work with. We thought it would be useful to share a few of them here:
- We have a number of customers who regularly move goods across Europe, ROI and Northern Ireland whom we have been supporting as much as possible to ensure their cargo arrives at its final destination safely and on time.
- As shareholder members of the Palletline network we are able to benefit from regular updates from them informing us of changing processes. We can in turn ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible under any new guidelines.
- We are taking the time to ensure clear communication is provided to all our customers about any new processes that will affect them, helping them to remain compliant.
- Although the news has reported widely on delays at ports and customs, we are pleased to report that pallets we have sent through our network have all reached their end destinations safely. We attribute this to all the correct paperwork being submitted and uploaded by our customers.
- Lastly, a thank you must go to all our loyal customers who have demonstrated patience and unwavering support through these times of change and adversity. You are a huge part of Team Edge and we are looking forward to working with customers old and new in 2021.
We will continue to evolve and adapt as is necessary, ensuring that Team Edge remain a friendly, problem solving logistics company.